Build a cube view for KPI accounts

Lovvan
New Contributor

Hi community 🙂

We have created a new scenario (not actual or forecast) for manual KPI accounts ( no formula on them), e.g Market share. We would like to create a input form where the submitter should populate e.g. market share for the specific month, for the specific QTD and YTD. I asked a question earlier regarding the account setup for this and I got the answer that they should be Account type Balance. 

From my understanding you need to say Periodic or YTD on the Scenario settings (default view, input view for adj etc). But what to put when it´s regarding these kind of accounts? 

Also, regarding the input form. Now we have built YTD and monthly in the same form. For QTD in a separate form. But when populating an amount in monthly, the YTD is automatically updated with the same amount. Any suggestion on setup in the CV to not make them "talk" to each other? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi again

YTD and Periodic do not talk to each other, they are the same amount showed either as YTD or Periodic. For the account types Asset, Liability and Balance, Periodic and YTD numbers are the same (Not 100%, because flow dimension members can change the account type) because they are used to report a status in time of something (headcount, inventory, cash).

Periodic can be monthly for monthly scenarios, quarterly for quarterly scenarios, weekly for weekly scenarios and even yearly for yearly scenarios. For Revenue, Expense and Flow accounts, the Periodic amount is the YTD amount minus the YTD amount of the previous period (month, week, quarter,...). If you need to collect MTD, QTD and YTD independent from each other, I suggest to use a flow to split the KPI account by these 3 variations.

I hope this helps for the moment

Cheers

View solution in original post

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

In addition to what Christian said, if some of your KPI accounts are not monetary (i.e., subscribers, headcount, units, etc) you can also mark these accounts as non-financial. This is particularly important if there are fx translations happening, as you wouldn't want to translate those items.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi again

YTD and Periodic do not talk to each other, they are the same amount showed either as YTD or Periodic. For the account types Asset, Liability and Balance, Periodic and YTD numbers are the same (Not 100%, because flow dimension members can change the account type) because they are used to report a status in time of something (headcount, inventory, cash).

Periodic can be monthly for monthly scenarios, quarterly for quarterly scenarios, weekly for weekly scenarios and even yearly for yearly scenarios. For Revenue, Expense and Flow accounts, the Periodic amount is the YTD amount minus the YTD amount of the previous period (month, week, quarter,...). If you need to collect MTD, QTD and YTD independent from each other, I suggest to use a flow to split the KPI account by these 3 variations.

I hope this helps for the moment

Cheers

Thanks Christian, this helped a lot. 

Regards, Lovisa 

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

In addition to what Christian said, if some of your KPI accounts are not monetary (i.e., subscribers, headcount, units, etc) you can also mark these accounts as non-financial. This is particularly important if there are fx translations happening, as you wouldn't want to translate those items.

Thanks Michel, great input. 

Regards, 

Lovisa