Entity hierarchy in different cubs

Sandra4
New Contributor

Hello!

I need to use the same entity hierarchy in my second cube. 

In my second cube "marketing" I need to use the same entity hierarchy that I'm using on the first cube "Business". 

I need it because both cubes will be load entity information for the same company (same code) ,in additional the "Corpo" cube, If I want to have the total "spain" using this configuration I do not have it.

Let me show an example:

Sandra4_0-1669204835793.png

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're linking those cubes with Cube References, no, you cannot reuse the hierarchy. Vertical extensibility requires separate Entity dimensions for each cube.

There are a number of ways to address this problem, more experienced folks will know more than me. A few that come to mind:

• You don't have to link cubes. Keep Corpo and Marketing disconnected, and simply copy consolidated data, where necessary, from one to the other. This way Marketing and Business can have the same Entity hierarchy.
    • This can be achieved with scheduled Data Management jobs, or Event Handlers, or Hybrid Scenarios...
  • Instead of segregating Business and Marketing in two separate cubes, place them in the same cube, and make them use different Scenarios with different Scenario Types. Each Scenario Type can have different Account/Flow/UD dimensions. Note: Cube size is not typically a performance problem, the problem is data unit size - and dataunits are broken by Scenario.
  • Maybe you shouldn't map those codes to Entities at all. Entities don't have to be legal entities, they are just what the system will use to organize consolidation processes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're linking those cubes with Cube References, no, you cannot reuse the hierarchy. Vertical extensibility requires separate Entity dimensions for each cube.

There are a number of ways to address this problem, more experienced folks will know more than me. A few that come to mind:

• You don't have to link cubes. Keep Corpo and Marketing disconnected, and simply copy consolidated data, where necessary, from one to the other. This way Marketing and Business can have the same Entity hierarchy.
    • This can be achieved with scheduled Data Management jobs, or Event Handlers, or Hybrid Scenarios...
  • Instead of segregating Business and Marketing in two separate cubes, place them in the same cube, and make them use different Scenarios with different Scenario Types. Each Scenario Type can have different Account/Flow/UD dimensions. Note: Cube size is not typically a performance problem, the problem is data unit size - and dataunits are broken by Scenario.
  • Maybe you shouldn't map those codes to Entities at all. Entities don't have to be legal entities, they are just what the system will use to organize consolidation processes.