Export Invalid intersections including validation messages

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm aware that from the Validate workflow step, the full list of invalid intersections can be exported as in the picture below (right click > Export):

SC1.png

The Validation messages are not included in the export.

Is there a way to export the full list of validation messages together with the invalid intersections?

SC2.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SC
New Contributor III

This should be available in the 'Intersection Errors' application report (under Validation)

Regards,

S

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SC
New Contributor III

This should be available in the 'Intersection Errors' application report (under Validation)

Regards,

S

AndreaF
Contributor III

Yep, from Dashboards, I had to select Application Reports, then filter on Data Validation and then select the Intersection Errors report. Thank you for your help!

bilbrandon
New Contributor III

Thank you. This seems like it will be extremely helpful. One additional question - I'm only seeing one workflow profile in the drop-down list. It's the first one in the Workflow Profiles page (shown below) .If I rearrange the order, whichever one is first is the only one in the drop-down list. Any ideas? Thanks.

2022-04-25_16-04-07.png

SC
New Contributor III

Hi,

I had noticed that one too. But fortunately, the actual report runs based on the workflow selection. So, if you have selected 'Sales_Volume_GL' in the WF and then go to the report, it will still show Trial_Balance in the selection, but when you run the report, it displays the errors for 'Sales_Volume_GL'

Regards,

S

bilbrandon
New Contributor III

Thanks, SC. Confusing, but not the end of the world. The other thing worth noting is that you need to run the transformation in the Workflow first or the report won't show the invalid members. I was hoping this report could be run proactively but that doesn't appear to be the case.