Extracting Dashboards

kumar
New Contributor II

Hi I am trying to extract a dashboards  from an application and load into another application, would any one be able to share the XML template that is used for Project Extract & Load? or would appreciate any other helpful suggestions and guidance. 

thanks - Kumar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

With FolderPath, you can give individual locations to the project items.

A project can saves a dashboard in two ways, as Zip or as individual files in a folder structure. In my sample, I called the root directory of these folder structure „prj“ but you can use any other name.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Kumar

You will find a lot of information about the xf project definition here: http://<your%20server>:50001/onestreamweb/Help/Content/Design%20and%20Reference/Foundation%20Guides/...

It is really easy to us.

<xfProject topFolderPath="Prj" defaultZipFileName="Matrix.Zip">
<projectItems>
<projectItem projectItemType="BusinessRule" folderPath="" name="MTX_Rule" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="BusinessRule" folderPath="" name="MTX_HelperQueries" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="Dimension" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="Cube" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="CubeViewGroup" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="CubeViewProfile" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardMaintenanceUnit" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
<projectItem projectItemType="DashboardProfile" folderPath="" name="Matrix" includeDescendants="true"/>
</projectItems>
</xfProject>

Cheers

kumar
New Contributor II

Hello Christian;

Thanks very much for the reply and for the reference guide, I just got hung up on 2 aspects 

topFolderPath
folderpath

would it be possible to let me know what is the purpose of these 2 values? in your above example I see that the topFolderPath is set to "Prj" and folderpath is set to "" blank - just was confused about this. 

thanks once again!!!

Kumar

FrankDK
Contributor

topFolderPath = to which subfolder relative to the .xfproj where the extract is done to

folderPath = no clue 😄

Cheers Frank

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

With FolderPath, you can give individual locations to the project items.

A project can saves a dashboard in two ways, as Zip or as individual files in a folder structure. In my sample, I called the root directory of these folder structure „prj“ but you can use any other name.