How to extract C#Elimination data with Data Management using a entity dynamic filter

Sweez
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to extract data using Data Management pulling C#Elimination and a dynamic entity filter such as E#TOTALCO.Descendants?  A parent entity is required but I have been unsuccessful at different options for the parent filter such as E#Default, E#TOTALCO.Descendants, E#|PovParent|.  

4 REPLIES 4

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi,

Have a look at the Data Adapter with Method as Command Type and use one of the Intercompany options for Method Type. See print screen below. That one is under Application Reports and is used for the Intercompany reports. 

PeterFu_0-1649401413794.png

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hello! 

Why is a parent entity required (are you getting an error?)? Pretty sure you can leave that field blank and the data will still export correctly but let me know if I'm wrong. We don't have the parent filter populated for any of our exports, IC/elimination data included. 

Sweez
New Contributor III

Here is the error that I get if I pull C#Elimination without a parent specified.

Sweez_0-1649428033461.png

PeterFu
Contributor II

I think you need the parent, it's the same when you want to have the ownership of an entity. An entity can be located under different parent in several structure. Depending on which structure you want the ownership or eliminations from, you will need to tell the system where it's located by specifying the parent. I would recommend you to look at the Data Adapter with the Method which is designed to get the Intercompany eliminations.

Peter