I've a question on extending or adding a relation in Account dimension

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Celvin Kattookaran

5/31/2018

I've a question on extending or adding a relation in Account dimension. Maybe the people who converted a Hyperion Planning can shed some light.
I'm expanding the conversion utility that I created to migrate Essbase, I'm almost done with Planning and have few questions around Account dimension. Let's say I got 3 cubes in HP (Hyperion Planning)

• Workforce
  • Capex
  • Corp

Now Workforce and Capex can have entirely different set of accounts. Corp can have it's own set of accounts and some accounts from Capex and Workforce - not all. I cannot find an example in GolfStream where this is done. Entity I can add a relationship from a different hierarchy, I cannot do that in Account (or I'm doing it wrong, which is probably the case).
How have you guys done this, source plan type and valid for plan in HP converted to OneStream.

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Sam Richards

The entity and the account dimensions work in inverse of each other. When you think about entity you can "Share up" but in Account you Extend down/out to lower level dimensions. For example if I had your two of your three account dimensions and I wanted Corporate to inherit Capex then Capex would be the "parent dimension" to Corporate but Corporate would inherit all of the dimensions. Also you can only extend a member once in a dimension and this includes if I create a new member in Corporate in this example and add a relationship from a Capex member under that new Corporate parent this would count as extending the account. If I understand correctly what you are trying to do I don't believe you can do what you want easily leveraging extending dimensions. Let me know if you want to chat about this.