Is the Excel add-in backwards compatible?

Beeswing
New Contributor III

I'm starting to plan for upgrading our OneStream dev environment from 6.2 up to 7.0. 

Part of the testing will have to involve the Excel add-in.  If I uninstall the 6.2 add-in, and install the 7.0 version,  can I still use it with our Production 6.2 environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NN
New Contributor III

No the Excel add-in is only 1:1 for the versions, so no backward compatibility exist yet.
I have asked about this before, so please add an support ticket and create an enhancement request for this.
(The windows app can be installed in parallel from version 7.0.1: tested with v6.4 and v7.0 with manual installation exe and msi package ) 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rjgoss
New Contributor III

I have not tried 7.0 yet, but with previous versions (currently using 6.8.1) they are not.  I have a second computer I use for testing when the environments are on different versions.  This also applies to the Windows App.

NN
New Contributor III

No the Excel add-in is only 1:1 for the versions, so no backward compatibility exist yet.
I have asked about this before, so please add an support ticket and create an enhancement request for this.
(The windows app can be installed in parallel from version 7.0.1: tested with v6.4 and v7.0 with manual installation exe and msi package ) 

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hi, 

We use the Spreadsheet tool inside OS as a workaround when DEV and PROD are on different versions. 

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Thanks Nicole.  

I've never used the Spreadsheet tool in OS,  so didn't think of that.  I'll have to check it out.

Sreeni
New Contributor

Excel add-in will not work with different versions. If you install the 7.0 version add-in in Excel, you will be able to connect to the Onestream environment (7.0). You have to uninstall the 7.0 excel add-in and reinstall the 6.4 excel add-in To connect back to the 6.2 version of your Onestream application.

dev 7.0