Issues with OS upgrading for some users

mgreenberg
Contributor II

Hi All - Every time I upgrade OS I have 4-5 people that when they launch the OS shortcut it does not auto update.  They have to reinstall.   It seems to be the same people each time but I cant see anything special about them.   Has anyone run into this and figured out what the issue is?   Our latest upgrade is  to 7.1     Note:  I always have them close any open windows and then try shortcut.  They have also tried rebooting.   Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgreenberg
Contributor II

We have determined the cause of the problem.  Users are pinning OS to their taskbar at initial installation vs from the shortcut you can create.   When they pin on initial install it references their local appdata vs in the Windows directory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like something the support guys might help with, very much on the infrastructure side. Would you want me to open a case for you...?

mgreenberg
Contributor II

Hi Jack - I logged a ticket but thought that others in the community might have ideas

mgreenberg
Contributor II

We have determined the cause of the problem.  Users are pinning OS to their taskbar at initial installation vs from the shortcut you can create.   When they pin on initial install it references their local appdata vs in the Windows directory.