Metadata import automation

royari
Contributor

Hi Can anyone suggest , how can we automate loading of metadata into onestream from a flat file /table. What is the format of the file. I am aware of loading using xml from utilizing the metadata excel builder utility , but my client wants to automate metadata update in Onestream. I am not finding much documentation around that. How is this achieved ?

8 REPLIES 8

john_sylenius
New Contributor II

Hi,

If you are talking about contiuously uploading and updating metadata on a regular basis, I would suggest looking into the XF Marketplace App "Application Control Manager". It was built for that purpose and is customizable for most needs. I've used it on some clients for automating flat-file loads of metadata into OneStream.

Principal Data and Master Data Integration Consultant - inlumi

Can we use ACM just as a metadata loading tool without using the workflow and approval process in it.

john_sylenius
New Contributor II

You can, if you'd like. By default, ACM will give you a simple approval process, i.e. put all your new metadata items in a "commit" step waiting for someone to approve them. But you can trigger that approval automatically using a Data Management job or by adding the ACM Dashboard to your current workflow and have someone click "Commit".

Thanks a lot. Where can i find acm documentation. I do not see it in the design and reference guide.

john_sylenius
New Contributor II

If you download ACM from Marketplace, the documenation is included.

Krishna
Contributor III

How do I connect the ACM to my ERP ? I do not see this in documentation.

There are a number of ways you can do that: ACM comes with a set of Source System Import database tables, if you populate those from your ERP (using flat files, DB connection or API), you can use the source system import as described on pp. 41 in the documentation.

Or you can update the Connector business rules and connect directly from there. I suggest contacting Onestream if you run into any issues.

Thanks John. Now I get it.