Scenario Type Corruption?

SC
New Contributor III

Hi experts,

I would like to get some feedback on an issue that I am facing with the current build.

I was unable to submit data for the Actual scenario via forms. I had tagged the scenario with the scenario type 'Actual'. After checking all the usual areas, I changed the scenario type to 'Administration' and assigned the same dimensions to 'Administration' scenario type (that I had selected with the 'Actual' scenario type) from the 'Cube Dimensions' screen.

And, I was now able to submit data for the scenario via the same form!

Could this be something related to a scenario type corruption and how do we go about fixing this?

Regards,

Sou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LiliyaBarabash
New Contributor III

Hi Sou,

The "Forms" workflow channel has to be active for that scenario under a workflow that is not the _Default WF.

It could also explain the quick view behaviour.

Not sure if it is case.

Liliya

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NaeemPathan
New Contributor III

Hi,
It might be worth checking what your 'default' settings are in the Cube properties. Potentially it could be that in the 'Actual' it could be referring to the default settings which could be overriding, unlike the Administration.

Assume you do not, but have you set up any 'Data access' rules specific to Actual which could be blocking from inputting the data via the forms?

Thanks,

Naeem

LiliyaBarabash
New Contributor III

Hi,

You can also check the Workflow. In order to be able to input data, you have to have an active "Forms" step for that Scenario.

Hope that helps

Liliya

SC
New Contributor III

Thanks Naeem and Liliya,

I have the dimensions defined under 'Default' and both the scenario types use the default values. There's no data access rules for the cube. Also, I have checked:

1. all members are base and allow input

2. UD members not set as attribute members

3. Form status is set to Active

4. The specific cube view can modify data

The same issue persists even with a standard spreadsheet quick view.

Not sure what else to look at?

Regards,

Sou

LiliyaBarabash
New Contributor III

Hi Sou,

The "Forms" workflow channel has to be active for that scenario under a workflow that is not the _Default WF.

It could also explain the quick view behaviour.

Not sure if it is case.

Liliya