Silverlight no longer downloadable nor supported by Microsoft

Davy
Contributor

Happy Spring!!

Silverlight no longer downloadable nor supported by Microsoft.

However, when it is needed to run OS in IE 11 web browser.  How do I run OS in IE 11 web browser without silverlight?

I'm on OS 6.1.1.  I am using OS windows app, but like to run OS in IE 11 web browser simultaneously

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJones
New Contributor II

Davy,

The only way to access OneStream via the web browser currently is via IE and Silverlight.  Now that Microsoft has removed support for both Silverlight and IE11 as of October, the preferred method to access OneStream is via the Windows App.  The Windows App contains all of the functionality of the previous Silverlight Version as well as additional functionality not available in Silverlight.

Without IE11 and Silverlight, currently there is not a way to run the windows app and web browser simultaneously.  

Thank You

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JJones
New Contributor II

Davy,

The only way to access OneStream via the web browser currently is via IE and Silverlight.  Now that Microsoft has removed support for both Silverlight and IE11 as of October, the preferred method to access OneStream is via the Windows App.  The Windows App contains all of the functionality of the previous Silverlight Version as well as additional functionality not available in Silverlight.

Without IE11 and Silverlight, currently there is not a way to run the windows app and web browser simultaneously.  

Thank You

Davy
Contributor

You're the best and kindest. Thanks for taking time off your busy schedule to explain so clearly!!

Davy
Contributor

Since you are an employee, I guess you can't comment on what OS' plan to do to give us back access to OS via browser ?

JJones
New Contributor II

Davy,

We do have plans to build out our end user experience to work in a browser in the future.

Always happy to help answer questions.

Hope you have a great rest of your day.

Please sign in! Davy