"Parcel service" how to extract/export all settings/configuration ?

Davy
Contributor

We are exporting batches of reports using "Parcel service" - each report is exported to a folder with "2022_March" in its name. At the beginning of April (and every month) I had to go into each report's path and manually change the path to "2022_April" of each output filename-report to reflect the new month. 

I think the solution is to extract (export ) the Parcel reports parameters to XML file, change the paths manually, then re-import the new XML file. However, I exported all Dashboards and application - I was not able to find Parcel report parameters.
Any idea where to extract them?

We Clicked on System> Environment under the Tools menu. - Click on an App Server within the Application Server Sets menu. -On the Configuration tab, there is an entry for FileShareRootFolder; but that's not where the path is defined. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cosimo
Contributor II

Davy,

I believe the parameter info you are looking for are stored in the Parcel Service tables.  From System > Database, expand 'Application Database' then 'Tables. Look for the following tables:

Cosimo_0-1647521157814.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cosimo
Contributor II

Davy,

I believe the parameter info you are looking for are stored in the Parcel Service tables.  From System > Database, expand 'Application Database' then 'Tables. Look for the following tables:

Cosimo_0-1647521157814.png

You're the best and kindest. Thanks for taking time off your busy schedule to explain so clearly!!

Davy
Contributor

Thanks for your help. Paths were in PackageContents table.
Do you know if we will break anything if we update that path in the PackageContents table directly?

Please sign in! Davy