Keep Me Signed In (OneCommunity)

DanielWillis
Contributor III

This is about OneCommunity but there wasn't really a spot for it so I've picked MarketPlace/Other (although its possibly the same login?)

I get asked log onto this forum every single day. Well actually I have to log in, wait for an email, click an email, and then I'm on the platform (+10 for redirecting users from the email link back to their last page though).

Despite clicking every time on 'Keep me signed in' I will always get asked to log in the next day.

Assuming the 'Keep me signed in' is not actually a 'keep me signed in for 24hrs button', can we make that button do whats on the label?

Alternatively I'd probably care less about logging in if I didn't have to wait for an email every time.

9 REPLIES 9

chul
Contributor III

With Chrome or Brave (built on Chrome) browsers, I don't have this issue. Maybe your settings clear cookies when you close your browser? I've never needed to log in via your process.

cds

DanielWillis
Contributor III

No the issue is restricted to the OneStream portal but it is definitely noteworthy that you don't have the same issue. For the record, I'm using Firefox.

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

I'm on Edge and asked to sign in regularly also! I started using the okta verify app on my phone because the emails take too long. 

akloepfer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this information. I will bring this to our internal teams to review this further. I appreciate you sharing your experience and am sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused. I will report back here when i know more. 

JonKunert
New Contributor III

I was about to write a post on the same this, but you were much more polite,   I think they just like making everything more difficult than it has to be.

akloepfer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys- so you know my team and I are still discussing this internally more, but wanted to provide a further response. Initially though, I'm told that the cookie on the browser lasts 12 hours. If  browsers clears cookies constantly via company policy or whatever other defined setting- it will prompt a user for credentials. Again, I'll continue to research this internally. 

DanielWillis
Contributor III

FYI I feel like I am signing in a lot less regularly lately. In fact I only remember signing in once in the last week (I feel like saying the last 2 weeks even) whereas it seemed daily before.

akloepfer
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanielWillis I wanted to see if you feel like things have improved or if things are still really bad?

JonKunert
New Contributor III

Will not unbearable, still very annoying