cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Recs: How to get the tool to ignore an import channel

NicoleBruno
Contributor II

Hi all! 

We're creating a new import workflow channel on an existing workflow in order to add some supplemental data. This info has no bearing on account recs but it does use the same accounts so when we "discover" for the month, all the accounts on the new workflow pop in. I know we can update in the inventory but is there a way to have accounts recs somehow ignore the import channel to begin with? I'd rather not have it clutter up the tool if I can help it. 

We have the account rec scenario type as Control and it's set up on the pink highlighted workflow, not the original import channel itself, which I'm guessing is where the issue stems from: 

NicoleBruno_0-1657142104377.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm still in testing mode. 

Thanks!

Nicole

3 REPLIES 3

Sai_Maganti
Contributor II

Nicole

We use a BR to pull the recs into the acctrec scenario. It is easy to filter on specific import channels.

Sai

Hi Sai, 

Can you say more? What is the BR attached to and when does it run? Was it always set up like that? 

Thanks!

-Nicole

Nicole

The connector BR is attached to the DataSource => Workflow import profile for the source acctrec scenario. We do monthly recons and this workflow could be run manually every month to pull the recs into the acctrec source scenario but we scheduled it to run on a daily basis so that the source acctrec scenario is always upto date. Please note this intermediary source scenario is different from our actual scenario and hence we use a BR to pull recs into this source scenario as we use some custom filters (filter on import channels, balance accounts etc) to filter the recs.

Yes this has always been set up like this from the outset.

Sai