cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GradeLevel field type in People Planning market place solution

Afone
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GradeLevel field. I am setting up the market place PPL solution and I would need to set it up so that I can load grades like "A1","A2","B1","B2", etc. into the field. However, I have noticed the GradeLevel field does only accept integer values.

Why is it the GradeLevel control list limited to store integer values and is it possible to change it to store text values instead?

Ideally I do not want define any control list for it so that any value loaded from the Excel import template for that field is imported into People Planning.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, you cannot change the data type of grade level. Usually, I create an instructions sheet in the EXCEL template, which shows what integers need to go in the grade field.

If you don't like that approach, you can get creative where you give the user a sheet to pick grades from a pick list, add a datasheet that looks at the rows in the entry sheet, and then swap the picklist into one integer. The challenge will be to change the range automatically.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Unfortunately, you cannot change the data type of grade level. Usually, I create an instructions sheet in the EXCEL template, which shows what integers need to go in the grade field.

If you don't like that approach, you can get creative where you give the user a sheet to pick grades from a pick list, add a datasheet that looks at the rows in the entry sheet, and then swap the picklist into one integer. The challenge will be to change the range automatically.