cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Service & Task Scheduler

BryanMulder
New Contributor II

Hi All,

New OS user here and first time trying the Parcel Service add-on.  I have configured a package and can successfully distribute the package from the Dashboard screen, but I'd like to get this on an automated schedule for distribution at 7 AM daily.  I saw release notes pertaining to DM jobs & BR's established to enable this automation but I'm struggling to get the right configuration.  I assume I would need to call the parameter for package distribution on the task schedule setup but that doesn't seem to be operating.  Does anyone have this functioning & any helpful tips/tricks?  

Many thanks,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Hi Bryan

You are correct in stating "I would need to call...."

To configure this, I would create a DM sequence and the following is an example. 

In the first image, the BR, OPS_ShipPackageUsingName, requires a parameter, PackageName, which I provided a value for on the Parameters option of the Business Rule.  Test01 is the name of the Package I created as displayed in the second image.

TerryLedet_0-1639669489036.png

TerryLedet_1-1639669489042.png

Create a sequence “Test01” which has the DM step “Test01” created previously.

TerryLedet_2-1639669489046.png

Create the Scheduled Task “Test01” in Task Scheduler and configure as needed.

TerryLedet_3-1639669489047.png

After the scheduled task executes, the Task Activity log will display the execution Completed.

TerryLedet_4-1639669489047.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

H

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Hi Bryan

You are correct in stating "I would need to call...."

To configure this, I would create a DM sequence and the following is an example. 

In the first image, the BR, OPS_ShipPackageUsingName, requires a parameter, PackageName, which I provided a value for on the Parameters option of the Business Rule.  Test01 is the name of the Package I created as displayed in the second image.

TerryLedet_0-1639669489036.png

TerryLedet_1-1639669489042.png

Create a sequence “Test01” which has the DM step “Test01” created previously.

TerryLedet_2-1639669489046.png

Create the Scheduled Task “Test01” in Task Scheduler and configure as needed.

TerryLedet_3-1639669489047.png

After the scheduled task executes, the Task Activity log will display the execution Completed.

TerryLedet_4-1639669489047.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

H

Greatly appreciated Terry!  This tidbit got me past the last hurdle.