cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Service & Task Scheduler

BryanMulder
New Contributor II

Hi All,

New OS user here and first time trying the Parcel Service add-on.  I have configured a package and can successfully distribute the package from the Dashboard screen, but I'd like to get this on an automated schedule for distribution at 7 AM daily.  I saw release notes pertaining to DM jobs & BR's established to enable this automation but I'm struggling to get the right configuration.  I assume I would need to call the parameter for package distribution on the task schedule setup but that doesn't seem to be operating.  Does anyone have this functioning & any helpful tips/tricks?  

Many thanks,

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Hi Bryan

You are correct in stating "I would need to call...."

To configure this, I would create a DM sequence and the following is an example. 

In the first image, the BR, OPS_ShipPackageUsingName, requires a parameter, PackageName, which I provided a value for on the Parameters option of the Business Rule.  Test01 is the name of the Package I created as displayed in the second image.

TerryLedet_0-1639669489036.png

TerryLedet_1-1639669489042.png

Create a sequence “Test01” which has the DM step “Test01” created previously.

TerryLedet_2-1639669489046.png

Create the Scheduled Task “Test01” in Task Scheduler and configure as needed.

TerryLedet_3-1639669489047.png

After the scheduled task executes, the Task Activity log will display the execution Completed.

TerryLedet_4-1639669489047.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

H

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Hi Bryan

You are correct in stating "I would need to call...."

To configure this, I would create a DM sequence and the following is an example. 

In the first image, the BR, OPS_ShipPackageUsingName, requires a parameter, PackageName, which I provided a value for on the Parameters option of the Business Rule.  Test01 is the name of the Package I created as displayed in the second image.

TerryLedet_0-1639669489036.png

TerryLedet_1-1639669489042.png

Create a sequence “Test01” which has the DM step “Test01” created previously.

TerryLedet_2-1639669489046.png

Create the Scheduled Task “Test01” in Task Scheduler and configure as needed.

TerryLedet_3-1639669489047.png

After the scheduled task executes, the Task Activity log will display the execution Completed.

TerryLedet_4-1639669489047.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

H

Greatly appreciated Terry!  This tidbit got me past the last hurdle.  

dkwiatkowski
New Contributor

Hi, please refer to the most recent OPS release guide that outlines how to use Task Scheduler in appendix 2.  I've also attached Appendix 2 to this thread.

Thanks,
Dawn