cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People Planning - Eligibility Date in Conditional Execution Statement

SWilyums
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are implementing People Planning and have a "Bonus Eligibility Date" global driver.  If an active employee's hire date is before the "Bonus Eligibility Date" the get a bonus.

I tried the simple condition of |HireDate| < |BonusEligibilityDate| but that failed (error message below).  I can't use a period since the eligibility is in the prior year.

Any suggestions?  I tried Convert/CAST/To Char but get errors.

Seeing this error:

Summary: Error processing Data Management Step 'CalculatePlan_PLP'.
Unable to execute Business Rule 'PLP_DataMgmt'.
Conditional Expression Error
[Expression Before Substitution =|Status|='Active' AND |HireDate|<|BonusEligibilityDate|,
Expression After Substitution='Active'='Active' AND |HireDate|<0.000118753].
Syntax error: Missing operand before '|' operator.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It is not |HireDate| it is |dHireDate| and it comes in yyyyMMdd format. I would say change your bonus eligibiltydate to reflect the same yyyymmdd format and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It is not |HireDate| it is |dHireDate| and it comes in yyyyMMdd format. I would say change your bonus eligibiltydate to reflect the same yyyymmdd format and you should be good to go.

Thank you Celvin

Hello @ckattookaran thank you for this answer. Do you happen to know where in the documentation the correct variable values (dHireDate vs HireDate) are stored, and their formats? A quick search in the PLP reference guide did not pull this up. Thank you.

Please sign in! SWilyums