cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the Task Manager BR encrypted

mgreenberg
New Contributor III

All of the other solutions are not.   We are looking to extend the solution and this makes it impossible.   We would like to investigate:  creating our own emails, updating the default grid and setting a default period when a WF scenario has the year.

9 REPLIES 9

Are you extending Task Manager, or are you trying to utilize what Task manager does for something else? It is encrypted for a reason. They don't want you to look at it or change those rules.

It is encrypted to keep the market places solutions supportable and updateable.

This is almost the only one.  Only TDM ACM and UTM are encrypted.   Shouldnt it be our problem if we customize it?    I thought we were suppose to be able to extend the solutions and Yes I am trying to extend it not change it to do something else.

There are multiple ways to extend it. You could create another business rule and use them in the components. Again there is a risk of updates overwriting them. The other approach is to create your own Dashboards and make them work along with OS solutions. 

Now I'm not sure whether you can use event handlers here as the rule is encrypted. Or maybe OS will ship a default event handler rule with nothing in it and we can add events to that one.

ChristianW
Contributor III

All new marketplace solutions will encrypt the business rules to avoid future problems with new versions. But there are supported ways to add custom code to market place solutions i.e. the custom event handlers.

mgreenberg
New Contributor III

Then can I recommend that the BR get published with the documentation to allow us to figure out what is going on and where we might want to extend it through custom event handlers.   You used that with an i.e  - are there others?  Is there documentation or training somewhere or how OS would recommend extending solutions?

wnindl
New Contributor II

I wholeheartedly concur.  The market place solutions business rules are sometimes the only way to find out how a OneStream class, methods, and variables work.  At least for me.
The fact the AccountRec (RCM) is not encoded has saved me many, many hours of development time.

Why not have a rule that one cannot/must not change a market place solution but can create a clone of it, modify the clone, and has no support from OneStream for the clone. 

ChristianW
Contributor III

As mentioned by @ckattookaran, you can - in addition to the custom events - add your own controls to the task manager’s front end to call your own business rules or data management jobs.

Many activities are triggered by a business rule in a dashboard component, you can change or replace these calls using your own parameters or even business rules.

mgreenberg
New Contributor III

Thanks.  Is there anyway to get a copy of the business rules?