Account formula help

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

SOURCE: ONESTREAM CHAMPIONS

Hi all,

I have a very random request for anyone who may have the time to review and hopefully point me in the right direction.

The formula calc is an on account and is unbalanced - I’m specifying more dimensions on the right side of the equation than the left (T#, E# and C#) which is giving me a data explosion error. I have examples of formulas currently in use where T# is on one side but not the other and the formula works fine so I’m guessing it’s an issue with E# and C# but I can’t seem to figure out how to make it work

Here’s the formula:
If Not api.Entity.HasChildren And api.Cons.IsLocalCurrencyForEntity Then
Dim vEnt As String = api.Pov.Entity.Name
Select Case vEnt
Case “ENT_1095”
api.Data.Calculate(“A#520_211010:V#Periodic:O#Import:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None =
A#ACC_SAP_134450:T#POVPriorYearM12:E#ENT_2000:C#CAD:V#Periodic:O#Import:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None
* A#ClosingRate:E#ENT_2000:C#CAD:V#Periodic:O#Top:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None”,“I#Top.base”,“U2#Paladin.base”,True)
End Select
End If

Any thoughts on how to resolve? Any info or feedback would be much appreciated!!

Some additional background:
-There are members in the values above (A#ClosingRate and A#ACC_SAP_134450 with the respective dimensions specified)
-The calc works fine if specify one I# and one U2# member though I must update the formula as follows:
Dim v134450InFormula As Decimal = api.Data.GetDataCell(“A#ACC_SAP_134450:T#POVPriorYearM12:E#ENT_2000:C#CAD:V#Periodic:O#Import:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None”).CellAmount
Dim vClosingInFormula As Decimal = api.Data.GetDataCell(“A#ClosingRate:E#ENT_2000:C#CAD:V#Periodic:O#Top:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None”).CellAmount

api.Data.Calculate(“A#520_211010:V#Periodic:O#Import:F#EndBal:U1#NABalanceSheet:U3#Source:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None = “& v134450InFormula &”*”&vClosingInFormula)

5 REPLIES 5

You could try using Unbalanced Math and see if that helps.
Api.Data.Calculate(“A#TargetAccount =
AddUnbalanced
(A#60000,A#41000:O#Top,O#Top)”)

Page 97 in 6.3 Design Guide

BrassRoch
New Contributor II

So you’re trying to populate all time periods across all years, or base periods in POVYear? Try an IF for base periods in the POVYear.

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Thanks, Celvin - can I ask where the screenshot is from? I tried googling variations of unbalanced math and vb.net and didn’t find anything remotely as useful as that.

Rochelle, the formula is on an account so it’ll run on a consolidation for a specific scenario and time period.

Also, ClosingRate is a dynamic calc so I’ve updated the formula to specify the I# and U2# for that member and now I’m no longer getting a data explosion error but the calculation isn’t actually running. Feel free to throw any suggestions my way and I’ll do some testing! In the process of testing now so I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Thanks!

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestions, guys - I got it working fine so please feel free to ignore this thread! :slight_smile:

Sorry, that is from the OneStream design guide, for future reference.