Build a cube view with Accounts.base and U1.base

MJ1705
New Contributor II

Hi,

I need to build a cube view where I want to have Accounts base as well as U1 Base. Something like this:

MJ1705_0-1659523769340.png

The problem is when I am running this - Onestream crashes. Supression settings are on:

MJ1705_1-1659523824130.png

Is this because of too many intersections to look at?
Account Dimension has approximately 6000 base members and U1 has 1200.

Can anyone suggest a way on how to build this?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeeB
Contributor II

Try using Sparse Row Suppression.  Without this OneStream will be evaluating every possible row to determine whether it should be displayed or not.  With Sparse Row Suppression turned on it will perform the data evaluation before generating the rows so you should see a performance improvement.

It's generally a good idea to turn this on when you are building Cube Views which nest Dimensions in the rows.

2022-08-03 13_20_03-Using Sparse Filtering in Cube Views.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

LeeB
Contributor II

Try using Sparse Row Suppression.  Without this OneStream will be evaluating every possible row to determine whether it should be displayed or not.  With Sparse Row Suppression turned on it will perform the data evaluation before generating the rows so you should see a performance improvement.

It's generally a good idea to turn this on when you are building Cube Views which nest Dimensions in the rows.

2022-08-03 13_20_03-Using Sparse Filtering in Cube Views.png

MJ1705
New Contributor II

An additional question to this: 
What if there is a dynamic calculation running in one of the Columns. Sparse Row Suppression doesn't allow having a dynamic member.

LeeB
Contributor II

There is a property to amend on the columns that contain Dynamic Calculations, see below.

This removes the column from the evaluations that the Sparse Row Suppression functionality performs.

2022-08-04 09_53_49-OneStream XF.png