Can you execute a Business Rule or Data Management function using the Excel Add-In?

mgreenberg
Contributor II

I want to create a button on my excel spreadsheet that will execute a BR or a DM is this possible?  I see that there are OS functions called XFGetCellUsingScript and also a XFPut but I can not find any documentation on all for any function except the basic XFGet, XFPut and GetMemberPropertyetc.   Is there documentation somewhere that I am missing?

5 REPLIES 5

You will have to use either Client API or REST API and create a macro to call REST API/DataManagement.htm 

mgreenberg
Contributor II

Thanks for the response but I am not super technical.  It sounds like from your answer that OS does not have standard functions or capabilities to simply call a BR or DM in the add-in.   Also still looking for documentation on the OS add-in functions

There is a knowledge base article out there for the Add-in functions.

OneStream Product Support - Does the OneStream Excel Add-In Support VBA Examples? (service-now.com)

I don't think there is one for calling a DM job.

Thanks but I followed our link and didnt see anything documents the functions.  That article just listed a couple.  This is what I am talking about (in image)

mgreenberg_0-1645625751388.png

I see, I don't think there is a user guide for Add-in.