Concatenate strings in the "Name" function

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to build a cube view having a list of Entities on the rows. I'd like the row label to be the entity description followed by the entity currency.

I was trying to use the Name function to do that. I am able to display the entity currency like this for example:

E#Tot_Entity.TreeDescendantsInclusive:Name(XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Currency))

Similarly I can use the XFmemberproperty function to retrieve the member description, like this:

E#Tot_Entity.TreeDescendantsInclusive:Name(XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Description))

However, I have been unable to combine the 2 things. How do I concatenate strings within the Name function?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aricgresko
Contributor III

Try this

E#Tot_Entity.TreeDescendantsInclusive:Name(|MFEntityDesc| XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Currency, VaryByScenarioType=[], VaryByTime=[]))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aricgresko
Contributor III

Try this

E#Tot_Entity.TreeDescendantsInclusive:Name(|MFEntityDesc| XFMemberProperty(DimType=Entity, Member=|MFEntity|, Property=Currency, VaryByScenarioType=[], VaryByTime=[]))

AndreaF
Contributor III

That works brilliantly, thank you very much!