Cube View hiding column information

FM
New Contributor III

I have this Cube View that I have to format so that the highlighted department column information is hidden but I still need to show the user what department this report is for (there are several that can be picked when you run the cube view).

Any ideas on how I can go about these two issues?

Thank you for your time in advance!

FM_0-1660057057389.png

7 REPLIES 7

aricgresko
Contributor III

Couple options here.  I would put the department somewhere in the report header referencing the UD1 parameter in your screenshot.  For the rows of the report, try the following:

aricgresko_0-1660070168536.png

FM
New Contributor III

I am trying to move in the direction that you suggested but it is not working for me, when I run the cube view I loose all of the rows. What am I missing here?

FM_0-1660150489065.png

FM_1-1660150507843.png

aricgresko
Contributor III

I think that looks fine unless you have a typo on the account or UD1 member names/parameters.  Can you send a screenshot of some of the other rows to validate those member formulas are also correct?

FM
New Contributor III

Here are a few screenshots. I do not think that there is a typo as I am prompted to select a department from a list when I run the report and then when the report runs there is no error message for a row having an error, just no rows at all. This is odd.

FM_0-1660159219746.pngFM_1-1660159232738.png

FM_2-1660159250996.pngFM_3-1660159260769.png

aricgresko
Contributor III

As far as I can see, everything above looks good.  My company uses the same account/department setup as you are illustrating, so I was able to refer to some existing cube views that use this member filter setup.  This may be a silly question, but did the report run properly before you tried the member filter that I suggested?

FM
New Contributor III

Hello,

Yes the report ran properly, I copied it and modified the copy and after the modifications it does not run properly any longer. I appreciate your help!

aricgresko
Contributor III

Hmm, that is odd it isn't working.  Maybe someone else in the community can catch something I'm missing or provide you an alternative!