Cubeview - Looping multiple entities into one Excel file?

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

How do I generate reports in a loop for each member (branches) and send it to single excel file? I have a cube view report which I'm trying to run for multiple entities member (100+ locations). Any idea will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hello Mustafa_A

The easiest way to achieve it is by creating a Book

ChristianW_0-1649690811245.png

regards

Christian

You might also have a look at the Parcel Service solution in the Market Place:

ChristianW_1-1649691063260.png

Regards

Christian

I may be misinterpreting this feature. But I notice that there is an Excel file add-on. I can not seem to preview the result. It might be due a wrong file extension I'm using (see below)

Mustafa_A_0-1649691159959.png

Mustafa_A_1-1649691334089.png

But could that work? 

Thank you

I believe the file extension for the Excel export should be Filename.xfDoc.xlBook.  This is in contrast to the PDF version which is Filename.xfDoc.pdfBook.

I don't get previews for my .xlBook Report Books, but I do for my pdfBooks.  But you can always run the report as a way to preview.  Or start with the .pdfBook version just for purposes of development.

Cheers,

-DB

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Add entity filters in a row, E#Top.Base or Tree or any access specifier as per your requirements. This cube view can be opened up from a spreadsheet or Excel Add In. 

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

I looked in to this. It groups all the Account Dimension into groups, which messes up the CV formatting. 

Krishna
Valued Contributor

You can create Book in that

1. Create a Parameter and Assign a Variable1="Entity Name" and Make it Change Variable to True.

2. Create an another Parameter and Change Pov = True and in Member Script Assign E#|Variable1|

3. Keep changing the Variables in the Book and calling the E#|Variable1| in report and it will run for all the locations.

Note : This method we used because of the formatting requirement and we require only 5 Entity in one page.

If you don't have any formatting issues then you can loop through the variables in the parameters and generate the book.

Thanks
Krishna