Customize Dimension Filter based on Fiscal Year Period

darpan13
Contributor

SOURCE: ONESTREAM CHAMPIONS

Hi Team,

we have a situation in which we need to create a new dimension every month, and can obsolete the earlier one for the next period, that works perfect. no Issue here.

but since they share the common workflow, in the Entity Filters both the old Dimension and New Dimension are appearing.

Expectation here is to get Display on the New dimension in the current period and only the old dimension in the previous filter ( Refer screen shot for more clarity )

Since the filter is based on Entity calculations, not sure what’s the solution to achieve the same.

I need some inputs to get the filter dynamically listed based on the Year / Period we choose.

Regards

Darpan Bhansali

darpan13_0-1642018574911.jpeg

darpan13_1-1642018574910.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

NicoleBruno
Contributor III

Hi Darpan,

Is the filter the regular entity filter? If you can make it a parameter, you can set up that parameter to list specifically only the entities you want and maybe you have a dynamic dashboard - one for prior periods and one for the current period - that uses the two different parameters. Not 100% thought out on the dynamic dashboard but maybe it includes the parameter based on the workflow vs global time (provided you keep your global time current). If workflow time = global time, use the current period parameter/dashboard. If not, use prior period parameter/dashboard.
Take this as just a brainstorming exercise on my part as I clearly don’t fully grasp what you’re doing but maybe you’ll find it useful. Otherwise (and I know I’ve suggested this before), I always find an email to the support team useful for additional brainstorming suggestions as they’ve seen much more than I have.
Good luck.
-Nicole

Thanks Nicole for the response.

i had raised a ticket to onestream support as well.

it’s a parameter in which we are using some standard entity filters classes.
what we are missing here is the property or class to derive inuse Property False or True on so and so date (Refer screenshot attached here by.

Derive%20via%20code
Derive via code.jpg789×418 59.7 KB

)

if we can get the 2021M7 somewhere in some function or a class , we will modify the code and get the parameter working.

Regards and Thanks

Darpan Bhansali

Darpan,

Not sure if you have already resolved your issue but what I would do is setup your combo box with a parameter gets a list of members from Dashboard Data Set rule. The business rule would return a dataTable based on the workflow period you’ve selected.

Couldn’t you create a custom member list driven by the WF time?