Error running report book - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are getting this error when running a report book through OnePlace -> documents by double -clicking it. 

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (Socket Error Number 10054)"

The report book has a simple dashboard in it. Note that a report book with a Cube View in it runs correctly.

It may be something to do with saving the file temporarily to the file share.

Note that we are getting this error on both on-premise and cloud environments.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Does that dashboard report/chart work on its own?

AJ
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Has it been resolved ? I am also getting similar error while loading data management exported file from shared folder. I am thinking about deleting temp files from server. 

Let me know if you have any other approach

Thanks

Amol

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

Hi, I thought the dashboard worked by itself in a previous context, but then I discovered that the dashboard was resolving to an empty (blank) page. This is what was causing the error, the report book tried to render an empty object and couldn't do so.

kenostrovsky
New Contributor II

I saw this error when attempting to download a file from file share that had zero rows in it. Perhaps this is what is happening in your process?

AJ
New Contributor III

Definitely it was not empty / zero rows. but resolved by itself or restart fixed it.