Error when running CubeView

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jacqueline McBride

I tried running a CubeView I just created and received the following error message: "Error processing shared Cube Views. The maximum number of Cube View references has been exceeded."

The application I am working in shares many row sets and column sets for various CubeViews. Does this error message means there is a limitation to the amount of times you can share rows/column sets?

Thanks in advance!

-Jackie

4 REPLIES 4

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Jones

Jacqueline,

This does indicate that there is a limitation to the number of shared cube views you are using in this specific cube view.  Would it be possible to attach your application extract and rates so I could take a look at this?  I would need to see the cube view and the other cube views referenced inside of it to give you an idea on what is causing this.

Have you opened this as a support ticket as well?  If not, I would recommend opening this as a support ticket and then the support group can work with you on this to get a resolution.

Thank You!

Jeff

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Jones

Jacqueline,

I just saw this was opened as a support incident.

Posting the resolution for others to see:

The issue was the cube view was calling itself as the row set, instead of calling another row set.

Changed the row template and it worked!

wnindl
New Contributor III

Thank you for this life saving tip.  I was looking in all the wrong places. This post made me realize m error when copying a cubeview to create a column set.  My column set referenced itself as a column set.  Duh!  Seems so simple once pointed in the right direction.
Much appreciated.  OneStream Community is the best resource!

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Nick Tracy

I assume this has already been answered via the support incident - but for anyone searching the forum and stumbling upon this:

This (for me) generally occurs due to incorrect referencing of cube-views when Column/Row sharing.  Often it is because you are referencing the cube view itself when trying to column/row share.  

Double checking that has fixed it for me 100% of the time thus far.