How to Selectively Collapse Member Expansion Headers on Cube Views?

Matt-Ha
New Contributor

So I currently have this cube view:

MattHa_0-1639692521178.png

Is it possible to configure the cube view so that the headers for the second member expansion (for UD2) start expanded, while the other row headers stay collapsed? Ideally it would look like this:

MattHa_1-1639692618134.png

I have tried using the following header format:

MattHa_2-1639692657445.png

However, this doesn't work, presumably because RowExpansionMode is a "Entire Cube View" setting. Is there a setting I'm missing, or would it be possible with an extender rule?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tsandi
Contributor

Correct, row expansion is a global setting for the cube view, it is not possible to selectively start expanded a single member expansion, unless you use a non expandable selection, like list. It would be possible to parametrize rows with parameters in a dashboard and upon click expand them. Another alternative is to use linked cube views to handle the selective expansion of the selected row, in a second cube view that will pop up in a dialog. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tsandi
Contributor

Correct, row expansion is a global setting for the cube view, it is not possible to selectively start expanded a single member expansion, unless you use a non expandable selection, like list. It would be possible to parametrize rows with parameters in a dashboard and upon click expand them. Another alternative is to use linked cube views to handle the selective expansion of the selected row, in a second cube view that will pop up in a dialog. 

Matt-Ha
New Contributor

Thanks for confirming that it's not possible, at least with the expansion mode setting. I'll take a look at your other suggestions.