Load Excel data into Custom Table Code - Failing

darpan13
Contributor

SOURCE: ONESTREAM CHAMPIONS  

Hi Team,

I am facing a typical issue ( Error Msg 1) while uploading the data from an excel. where as the code for csv upload works fine. Refer the Code attached here by for reference.

can any one help here to find what wrong am i doing in the below code.

Also i want to fetch the range selected somewhere in the error log… or the message box… how to achieve that ?

Also i could not find and XF Market place solution which enables this excel upload feature, Any guess on that as well.

Regards and Thanks

Darpan Bhansali

7 REPLIES 7

darpan13
Contributor

e5e115f2a4b02fda6ff77cfc0ebe425ee1981479.jpg

Hi Darpan,

the variable tbRangeContent is not a string and that is what the logmessage needs. you can simply add .tostring after the tbRangeContent in the brapi and it will convert its contents to a string and show to you in the error log.

Marc Roest
OneStream consultant @Finext

Hi Marc,

Point noted , it worked partially, it removed the error , but all the excel data records were not displayed in Error Message ( where we intend to log them )

Also 1 more question - is there any difference between the two functions mentioned in below screenshot ?

i could see in both the cases data is being saved.

Regards

Darpan Bhansali

Marc Roest
OneStream consultant @Finext

Thanks Marc for the honest response 

i will try to read some more documents and dig further into the same, will update here, if got a chance to find the difference.

Regards

Darpan

I dont think there is a difference in operation. They both do the same thing. One does it by reading the fields from EXCEL, the other one you are providing the fields tokens. I’m in the process of creating a 3 part video series that explains how LoadCustomTableUsingDelimitedFile works.

The one explaining is scheduled for Tuesday.

The one below is the first. However, there is nothing that interesting in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-WdJ7SOu4

Here is the second video in the series that explains what LoadCustomTableUsingDelimitedFile is doing.