Quick view is blank

AKwaa
New Contributor II

Hi. I have created a new Quick view report for the first time.

I've set the POV parameters, the column dimension is Time and the row dimension is account.

The report is not showing any values. I've drilled down to the base accounts. Still nil.

Any idea why this might be? 

14 REPLIES 14

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

This is likely a POV issue. Re-check all of the dimension members. If you can share any screenshots of the POV as well as the row/column member filters that would also be helpful.

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

I agree with Eric. Seems your POV is not set accurately. 

AKwaa
New Contributor II

Hi Eric, Mustafa @EricOsmanski @Mustafa_A . Thanks for your responses. This is a screenshot of the POV and the blank report.

AKwaa_0-1638281106039.png

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Can you remove the parent of "None" (the third box down in the POV)? Just leave it blank.

Without knowing more details of the application, you are trying to pull an intersection that doesn't have data, In this case, I would recommend entering a specific cell you know has data. Then walk back the dimensions one by one to see which one is causing the issue. For example, once I have a specific cell I know has data, I would then change dimensions one by one to "Top" or "Total" as in your screenshot, refreshing each time. That way you will find what dimension or dimensions are causing the issue.

Other things to check - is that a Parent Entity? Has the data been consolidated? Is that a valid currency for the Entity? Is the Income Statement Account a Group Type? If so, it wont have data.

AKwaa
New Contributor II

The data is consolidated. I've tried a number of combinations at base level which still return nil, including base entity and base account. Is this unusual? Is there some configuration required before using Quick views?
I'll continue trying different combinations

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

No, there isn't any configuration required. This isn't unusual, it just is a POV issue where you are trying to pull data at an intersection that doesn't have data.

AKwaa
New Contributor II

Thanks. I've now found the dimension causing the issue. The scenario was set to the parent parameter "Actuals" rather than the base parameter "Actual".

One further question. The report shows the account description. Is it possible to add the account reference also? 

AKwaa_0-1638284717873.png

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Yes you can. You can either do it via the Preferences (which will set it as a default for all NEW Quick Views going forward) or you can click the gear in the upper right hand corner. The gear is ONLY for the selected Quick View.

EricOsmanski_0-1638284866243.png

AKwaa
New Contributor II

Perfect! Thanks for all of your help Eric

Hi AKwaa, you can find all possible settings in the design and reference guide that is available under the question mark (right top of your OneStream window). 

MarcR_0-1638285097199.png

This is always a good starting point to find what you are looking for.

Marc Roest
OneStream consultant @Finext

AKwaa
New Contributor II

This is very useful. I think the Help section may have changed since the last time I accessed this. There is a lot of useful content here. Thanks Marc!

AKwaa
New Contributor II

Hi Eric @EricOsmanski  I've removed the parent. It's still blank unfortunately

AKwaa_0-1638281418024.png