Report (Dashboard Component) - Number of times a graph prints

FlorisvdPoel
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am having some issues with the report dashboard component. I have created a report that consists of a graph linked to a specific data adapter. This data adapter is connected to a cube view. Everything is working fine, I am getting data in the graph, and it's doing the correct thing. However, the graph is printed 72 times on the report. These graphs are all identical, so it prints the same graph 72 times on the report. 

Is it a coincidence that when I test the data adapter, the 'total number of rows' is also 72? In addition, is there a setting where I can specify that the report should only be printed once?

I hope someone can help me find a solution.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Floris van der Poel

Floris van der Poel
cpmview
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cosimo
Contributor II

I'm assuming you have this dashboard component within a OneStream report. If this is the case, it sounds like you setup the report component within the Details band. Move the report component from the Detail band to the Report Header Band so that it gets generated only once.

Cosimo_0-1663259490547.png

Also, it sounds as though you are using an xfSubReport report object within your report and also included the data adapter for the cube view data to the report. If you are using the xfSubReport, the underlying dashboard component already has the data adapter assigned to it and you're assigning it again to the report itself. The data adapter is generating the 72 records which it wants to present within the Detail Band. Since you have the xfSubReport set within the Detail Band, you'll get 72 graphs when running the report. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cosimo
Contributor II

I'm assuming you have this dashboard component within a OneStream report. If this is the case, it sounds like you setup the report component within the Details band. Move the report component from the Detail band to the Report Header Band so that it gets generated only once.

Cosimo_0-1663259490547.png

Also, it sounds as though you are using an xfSubReport report object within your report and also included the data adapter for the cube view data to the report. If you are using the xfSubReport, the underlying dashboard component already has the data adapter assigned to it and you're assigning it again to the report itself. The data adapter is generating the 72 records which it wants to present within the Detail Band. Since you have the xfSubReport set within the Detail Band, you'll get 72 graphs when running the report. 

FlorisvdPoel
New Contributor III

Dear Cosimo,

Thanks for your help. Moving the report component from the Detail Band to the Report Header Band solved the issue.

I was not using an xfSubReport report object in this instance. However, thanks for your explanation. This will help me in future instances. 

Thanks for your help.

Floris

Floris van der Poel
cpmview
Please sign in! FlorisvdPoel