Report Header - Report Title Placement

xtensibilitybro
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for the help on this. I am looking for configure the Report Title in a cube to to be aligned left rather than center. In the screenshot below I would like "Consolidated Balance Sheet" to be aligned with Subtitle 1: Left - "Test". 

amarrandhawa1_0-1643062653524.png

Here is the current syntax I have to move this but it looks like it moving the title left on center rather than aligning it left.

'Move page header left
If uiItem.UIItemType = XFReportUIItemType.PageHeaderLabelTitle
uiItem.Visible = True
uiItem.Left = args.Report.CurrentPageInfo.LeftPosition
End If

This formula is within the Custom Report Task rules.

Cheers,

Amar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Amar,

Try this:

Dim uiItem As CVExtenderReportUIItem = args.Report.CurrentUIItem
uiItem.Visible = True
uiItem.TextAlignment = 2 'BottomLeft
uiItem.Left = 1
End If

TextAlignment has an enumerated list deep in the API Details & Database Documentation.  .Left I actually didn't find in the documentation but guessed on a test value and it seemed to work. 

Note for my reports, this ended up overlapping with the default logo position. So, the other option you might consider is putting this Page Header text in the Subtitle Left 1 section and shifting your other text ("Test") to Subtitle Left 2.

Cheers,

-DB

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Amar,

Try this:

Dim uiItem As CVExtenderReportUIItem = args.Report.CurrentUIItem
uiItem.Visible = True
uiItem.TextAlignment = 2 'BottomLeft
uiItem.Left = 1
End If

TextAlignment has an enumerated list deep in the API Details & Database Documentation.  .Left I actually didn't find in the documentation but guessed on a test value and it seemed to work. 

Note for my reports, this ended up overlapping with the default logo position. So, the other option you might consider is putting this Page Header text in the Subtitle Left 1 section and shifting your other text ("Test") to Subtitle Left 2.

Cheers,

-DB

Thank for this DB! This worked like a charm.  It looks like it was pretty tough to find. I appreciate you taking the time. Luckily the client required the logo on the right side.

Cheers!

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

I am having a similar issue where i'd like to align my report header on the left (however I need it for the excel export). @db_pdx Where can I exactly copy paste the formula that you shared ?

Many thanks for your help!

-Adam

Hi kakouchtim:

This is in a Cube View Extender business rule under the: Case Is = CVExtenderFunctionType.FormatReportUIItem.

You'll need to apply the rule to a Cube View report under the: General Settings > Report > Custom Report Formatting > Business Rule.  However, please note, this does not appear to change the Excel Export formatting; so I don't believe this satisfies your need.  Hopefully someone else has an idea on this.

-DB