When exporting to PDF it doesn't print all the lines

Arion
New Contributor II

Hello community,

We have build a custom dashboard, within there is a circle graphic and several lines with the users info. When trying to export to PDF only downloads X number of lines, but not all the lines that are close to 450. Instead, when downloading using the export to excel it does export all the lines.

Any thoughts? Do I have to configure something in order the PDF export all the information within the dashboard?

Many thanks in advance,

Arion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, that helps.

It's a BiViewer issue, probably due to the logic it follows when deciding what to print out. When you do it on the grid, there is grid-specific logic getting into play to export all records; when doing it on the entire component, it's reasoning more in terms of "what is visible", so some records might not make the cut. I think you can influence it somewhat by reducing zoom, since it will make more records visible. You can check it when designing the dashboard with the various Preview functions.

If you think the behavior is not what it should be, please log it with Support and they will take it up with developers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Arion,

there are a number of factors that could be in play here (what widget is it? How do you trigger the export?)... It might be worth getting in contact with Support, or at least provide screenshots of the components involved.

Arion
New Contributor II

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply. Adding more information. As you will see in the screenshot I am adding, into the left I have a grid view with a number of users (more than 400 lines), into the right I have a graph designed with the bi viewer. 

I noticed that if I right clic in any of the two components separately, it does print as PDF all the lines, but doing it together with the option is able to see it in the picture, when exporting to PDF, it cuts several lines of my grid view.

Hope this is more clear?  

Arion_0-1666347802146.png

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, that helps.

It's a BiViewer issue, probably due to the logic it follows when deciding what to print out. When you do it on the grid, there is grid-specific logic getting into play to export all records; when doing it on the entire component, it's reasoning more in terms of "what is visible", so some records might not make the cut. I think you can influence it somewhat by reducing zoom, since it will make more records visible. You can check it when designing the dashboard with the various Preview functions.

If you think the behavior is not what it should be, please log it with Support and they will take it up with developers.