Why did my workflows  automatically change its configuration to use new name of cubeview?

Davy
Contributor

Happy Labor Day for USA. Happy gas shortages, high electric bills and soon coming freezing winters for many of us around the world.
I renamed my Cubeview from CV1  to CV2_deleteVersion08302022. Why did my workflows  automatically change its configuration to use new name CV2_deleteVersion08302022? Should it not remain as CV1 ?  I'll try to give a screen shot

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Simply by design, so that you can rename things and not have to rework everything that utilises the renamed object. In reality nothing has changed in your workflow because it would be referring to the cubeview by ID behind the scenes rather than the name.

View solution in original post

Funnily though I've actually wanted to be able to rename things and be able to switch something else in! It does come in useful sometimes. But you can work around it with export/import and some tweaks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Davy
Contributor

why name of CV changed in workflow?

Davy_0-1661986464528.png

Simply by design, so that you can rename things and not have to rework everything that utilises the renamed object. In reality nothing has changed in your workflow because it would be referring to the cubeview by ID behind the scenes rather than the name.

Davy
Contributor

I understand - it's referential integrity.  Oracle Planning/ Essbase doesn't have that, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks.

Funnily though I've actually wanted to be able to rename things and be able to switch something else in! It does come in useful sometimes. But you can work around it with export/import and some tweaks.

Same here - there should be an option to turn off referential integrity. Yes, that's what I did - workaround using Load/Extract. Thanks again buddy.

Happy Labor day weekend!!