make cube view available outside the WF

Marcello
Contributor

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to make cube view available outside the WF.

I have developed many forms for the workflow filling all the cube views with WF, WF....

Marcello_0-1664556819294.png

Now I would like to make these views available outside the workflow, where the period, for example is, selectable from the POV.

Do I need to duplicate each form and then remove the WF on scenario, period and entity?

Or is there a smarter way to make the view recognized that the is opened outside the workflow?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Marcello

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can write a Dashboard Extender that, on load, will switch the workflow pov to what suits you:

Case Is = DashboardExtenderFunctionType.LoadDashboard
    If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("TestFunction") Then
        BRApi.Workflow.General.SetSelectedWorkflowView(si, profileName, scenarioName, timeName)
   [... usual XFLoadDashboardTaskResult stuff here ...]

You can then manipulate the workflow pov using the POV Action "Change Workflow" on the controls in charge to change the POV (drop-downs etc).

Another approach is to replace those Substitution Variables with Parameters (Literal Value), then setting the default value of the Parameters to the substitution variables. Then you can easily control Parameters in dashboards, but they should still load seamlessly in the workflow.