possibility to have a direct connection to fetch data from OneStream SQL database

Lion
New Contributor

Hello Team,

Do you have an update on possibility to have a direct connection to fetch data from OneStream SQL database.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

RafMarques
New Contributor III

I believe you your question is similar to mine:

Reporting from vDataRecordAll view

Thanks, looks like same objective. Did you tried any option using FDX connectors?

RafMarques
New Contributor III

Not really - just using SQL

Thanks Raf, I was new to OS, Can you please guide me how to use the SQL to extract the data from OneStream application tables.

Thanks

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Kish: if you are looking to extract data from OneStream for consumption by external applications via a direct connection you should consider the REST Api.  There is a DataProvider endpoint that provides methods for getting data from: generic DataSets, Cube Views, generic SQL (from application tables for examples), and the Method Commands (which provides a whole slew of addtional data access options).  We haven't used it ourselves, but know that it exists.

You can find the documentation from the XFMarketplace for your current application version.

Cheers

Lion
New Contributor

Thanks db, are you using any REST API. Can you please guide me how to use the DataProvider?

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi Kish: there is an ~40 page REST Implementation Guide provided as part of the documentation from OneStream.  You can download the documentation for your environment version from the XFMarketplace.

Lastly, if the direct connect is not a hard requirement and you are only looking for data extracts, consider out-of-the box data exports + a BR to send the data where it needs to go.