Data Management - Error when executing a step

Sergey
Contributor III

Dear community,

I have a nasty error message when I execute a data management task :

"Error processing Data Management Step 'STEP1'. Data validation error. The Data Cell is read-only because the Parent Workflow Profile 'Activity MyEntity' has no active Input Profiles for the Workflow Channels that are assigned to the Data Cell's Account and/or UD member. Entity=MyEntity, Account=GL11410, Origin=Import."

The funny thing is, I have no clue what is the issue. I try to execute a "Copy Data" data management that copies periodic data on the same cube, same entity, but from 2021 Actual to 2022 budget (only imported data).

--> What am I missing ?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

I think it's a data quality rule which I have ran afoul of too. OneStream won't let you load data to Import for a cell that the entity's workflow _does not_ have an Import step. That means if you've disabled the import step for that scenario then it gives you the error. The reason for this is because the only way data should be getting into the Import member is through a data load.

Either you need to enable / add an Import step to the workflow or you can copy from O#Import to O#Forms but you will need to use a member formula or business rule to do that.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

I think it's a data quality rule which I have ran afoul of too. OneStream won't let you load data to Import for a cell that the entity's workflow _does not_ have an Import step. That means if you've disabled the import step for that scenario then it gives you the error. The reason for this is because the only way data should be getting into the Import member is through a data load.

Either you need to enable / add an Import step to the workflow or you can copy from O#Import to O#Forms but you will need to use a member formula or business rule to do that.

Cheers

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi Mark !

Thanks for your prompt answer, I was able to run my data management.

So, I wouldn't be able to run a "copy data" data management if I don't have a "import" step in my workflow ? That sounds weird to me, but I will comply for now 😅

Many thanks !

MarkMatson
New Contributor III

It is a bit annoying. One of the over-the-top data quality measures that OneStream have implemented to "keep us honest" 🤣

Sergey
Contributor III

However my data management that is suppoosed to clean my budget data is not working anymore 😞

Same message but this time for "AdjInput" Origin member :

Error processing Data Management Step 'STEP0_CLEAR'. Data validation error. The Data Cell is read-only because the Parent Workflow Profile 'Activity MyEntity' has no active Input Profiles for the Workflow Channels that are assigned to the Data Cell's Account and/or UD member. Entity=MyEntity, Account=GL11410, Origin=AdjInput.

EDIT : just removed the bit on "clear adjustment data and delete journals" and now it works !