Direct Load Automation

hiren
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

We have been using ExecuteFileHarvestBatch to automate our Data Loads. However I could not make it work for Direct Load profiles.

Is anyone aware if we have api support to automate Direct Loads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hiren
New Contributor III

Apologies. 
BRApi.Utilities.ExecuteFileHarvestBatch works for Direct Load as well. The issue was due to a different piece of code that tried to clear stage data for Direct Load Workflow Profile.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I always try not to use the batch harvester. I've always used the import process API calls to do it. Look at https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Workflow-and-Data-Integration/Automating-WF-Execution/m-p...

Any specific reason to stay away from the batch harvester?

Earlier, the files and folders created by the batch harvester cannot be deleted. I guess there is some utility I saw during Wave that can do it. Then there is an issue with file locks and it will not work when there are file locks.

Oh, and the other one, only someone with old FDM knowledge can understand what the file even means.

hiren
New Contributor III

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I am indeed searching for Direct Load process API but could not see anything around Direct Load WFP within api viewer,

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 10.33.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 10.28.49 AM.png

Do let me know if I am missing something. 

Thanks,
Hiren

If you look in the link to the other post, this call:
Dim ImportInfo As LoadTransformProcessInfo = BRApi.Import.Process.ExecuteParseAndTransform(si, wFClusterPk, "", Nothing, TransformLoadMethodTypes.Replace, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection, False)

references to use the ".FromDirectConnection" which I believe is the one you're looking for

hiren
New Contributor III

Thanks Frank, let me try that one!

hiren
New Contributor III

Apologies. 
BRApi.Utilities.ExecuteFileHarvestBatch works for Direct Load as well. The issue was due to a different piece of code that tried to clear stage data for Direct Load Workflow Profile.

Thanks!