Formula extract - Notepad++ language

Beeswing
New Contributor III

I've extracted the formula file for all metadata formulas,  and have notepad++ installed as my preferred tool for reviewing.

What language settings in Notepad++ do I need to use in order to replicate the colour and formatting of OneStream's internal formula editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Visual Basic is the language option to select.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TerryLedet
New Contributor III

Visual Basic is the language option to select.

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Thanks,  this worked for me.  I just needed to adjust the String formatting, as it was defaulting to grey instead of the dark red/brown that I'm used to from HFM and OneStream.

tsandi
Contributor

Notepad++ will not provides you with intellisense nor code completion for any OneStream specific class. Using notepad++ for writing OneStream business rules online rather than the included code editor will be harder for sure. If your objective is to be able to write OneStream business rules offline I'd rather install visual studio community edition and add OneStream dlls as references instead

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Thanks.  I'm not familiar with Visual Studio,  but will check it out if I need to do some real coding.  
For now though, I just need something I can just open Formula extracts with, that lets me search and run compares. Notepad++ should be OK with that.

Oscar
Contributor

how did you extract metadata formulas?

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Dashboards > Application Reports > Application Analysis > Formula List

It won't include business rules. 

Also, it'll include all time stamped versions of formulas,  even old redundant ones, so make sure you're looking at the right ones.  The timestamps will be on the far right, and are easy to miss.