How to open a web url in default browser using the BR

Ashok
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a requirement to open a web URL(it is a field in the table) in users default web browser.

Current solution: I could do it using the "web content" component in the dashboard. I am capturing the field in a literal parameter and then using it in the web content component to display in a dashboard. It works. 

Issue: Dashboard opens the web page in the dashboard window but does not render it properly. The component is pretty basic and does not have any option to customize it. It could be that it is using some costume inbuilt browser type component to display it and may not support all web page components require to display it properly.

Looking for: A simple way to open the default browser in the business rule. I am sure there will some VB function which can do it but could not find it yet. 

has anyone ever done that? appreciate any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NickKroppe
Contributor

Hi Ashok,

A good option for you could be to use the Open Web Site navigation action within a standard button component. You can also invoke this same functionality in a dashboard extender rule as well.

OpenWebPage.png

nkroppe_0-1639868603055.png

Nick Kroppe

OneStream Software

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NickKroppe
Contributor

Hi Ashok,

A good option for you could be to use the Open Web Site navigation action within a standard button component. You can also invoke this same functionality in a dashboard extender rule as well.

OpenWebPage.png

nkroppe_0-1639868603055.png

Nick Kroppe

OneStream Software

Nick, Is there a way to have a selection list of hyperlinks which open a web page, rather than using image buttons?

Ashok
New Contributor III

Thank you Nick. I will try it, I think this should work and is exactly what I needed. Appreciate quick response.