Member Formulas - Syntax Documentation

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to set up some new Cash Flow accounts, and as usual I'm looking at the existing CF accounts to see how they've been set up.

However, I'm pretty new to OneStream, and I'm struggling to make sense of some of the Syntax.  I've had a look in the 'OneStream XF Reference Guide.pdf'  but there isn't much info there.  

Where can I find more info on Member Formula Syntax?  Is there another document that I'm missing?

5 REPLIES 5

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Just to clarify, with an example:

api.Data.Calculate("A#MCF1600700:I#None:U1#None:U2#None = - A#MBS1119999:I#Top:U1#Top:U2#Top",,"F#MVT_CF007.Base",,,,,"UD3#Top.Base.Remove(REP_ADJ)")

I'm fine with the first bit,  but I have no idea what the sections after the first comma are doing (e.g. "F#MVT_CF007.Base")

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello @Beeswing 

For these rules, I would highly recommand the Rules training, as shown in this printscreen :

Sergey_0-1645446090819.png

Here's the learning website, with link to training availabilities in each region : https://onestreamsoftware.com/training/

Best Regards,

Sergey
Contributor III

For your specific example, what is leading the calculation output is the part before the "=". In your example, the output will be for all flows since it is not specified.

The right part of the equation is the source of the calculation, and in this example it is specifically stated the Flow dimension (F#) is only taken into account in the "slice of data" that will be considered for your calculation.

This following topic about "unbalanced math" is specifically useful : https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Reporting/Account-formula-help/m-p/4048

Best Regards,

Beeswing
New Contributor III

Hi Sergei,

Many thanks for your responses.  In the right hand side of the equation,  it's specifically the ,,  and the ,,,,,  that are confusing me.

In the community topic that you linked to, someone mentions the Design Guide. I don't think I have this doc.  Is it available somewhere on the OneStream site?

I'll definitely check out that training course.

Sergey
Contributor III

Yes indeed, I'm pretty sure that these are just "leftovers", you don't need it in such formula and they don't impact the calculation 🙂 it might be some residuals of previous codes that have been removed ...