Using Percent Ownership in a member formula

Larry_Manekin
New Contributor II

Hi,

This formula is working, but it's returning 100% for each Entity. Is there something I'm missing regarding Entity? Will this work in a member formula or only in a business rule?

Dim entity As String = api.pov.entity.Name
Dim entityID As String = api.pov.entity.MemberID
Dim OwnValue As Decimal = api.entity.percentOwnership(entityID)

If ((Not api.Entity.HasChildren()) And (api.Cons.IsLocalCurrencyforEntity())) Then
api.Data.Calculate("A#NCI_IS:V#Periodic:F#EndBalLoad:O#None:I#None:U1#None:U2#None:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None= "& _
"RemoveZeros(A#Income_Loss_before_Noncontrolling_Interests:V#Periodic:C#Local:F#EndBalLoad:O#Top:I#Top:U1#Top:U2#Top:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#Top:U8#None * ( ("& OwnValue &")))")
End If

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Big_Rick_CPM
Contributor

Ownership percentages are relationship (parent/child) specific. Your formula currently only runs on base and local, which is not relationship specific. You will need to pass a specific parent in for the entity you want the ownership value for. The api you are using to get ownership rate has a second argument you can pass through for parent. In my experience, those calculations run on different consolidation members (not Local but something like OwnerPreAdj, Share, OwnerPostAdj, etc).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Big_Rick_CPM
Contributor

Ownership percentages are relationship (parent/child) specific. Your formula currently only runs on base and local, which is not relationship specific. You will need to pass a specific parent in for the entity you want the ownership value for. The api you are using to get ownership rate has a second argument you can pass through for parent. In my experience, those calculations run on different consolidation members (not Local but something like OwnerPreAdj, Share, OwnerPostAdj, etc).