business rule BR for a column (e.g. K) to Accumulate what is in another column (in Cubeview)?

Davy
Contributor

OneStream is the best EPM app for consolidation and everything planning - it is going to kill Hyperion / Essbase !!

Does anyone have a sample business rule BR for a column (e.g. K) to Accumulate what is in another column (in Cubeview)?

I probably have a written something similar long time ago, but would like to see if someone else wrote a better BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As it turns out, I had to write a new BusinessRule.Finance.XFR_CV_BR_Accum_colum
Here's the heart of the code:

Dim cellVal As Decimal = api.Data.GetDataCell("U1#" & api.Pov.UD1.Name).CellAmount

' add accumulative value to current cell value
accumVal = accumVal + cellVal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Davy
Contributor

column K Accumulates J.png

PatrickWWiggett
New Contributor II

GetDataCell(CVC("Insert column name") + CVC("Insert column name"))

This is a small script you can write in the actual cube view column member filter which will perform an on-the-fly calc.

PatrickWWiggett_0-1649318466964.png

As it turns out, I had to write a new BusinessRule.Finance.XFR_CV_BR_Accum_colum
Here's the heart of the code:

Dim cellVal As Decimal = api.Data.GetDataCell("U1#" & api.Pov.UD1.Name).CellAmount

' add accumulative value to current cell value
accumVal = accumVal + cellVal

Davy
Contributor

Thanks for your help. Yes, I'm aware of use of CVC to add to columns.

But in my screen shot , I show only one column B that I am accumulating. e.g. cell C10 = Cell B9 + cell B10., 

C11 = C10+C11 etc.
As I mentioned, I may have a similar business rule, but wonder if there's a better one out there.