Data Management Security set up

SKMundra
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I have one specific query about data Management Tasks as below:

If I want to allow a user to be able to edit parameters of only one of of the DM Group and not to allow edit anything else - Question is >> which 'Security roles' need to be looked at?

I can see only way to allow editing is to allow Security role 'ManageData' BUT this allows everything and all DM tasks and even user can setup a new DM group - which is really risky and can not be allowed. 

Kindly help with your comments if I am missing something here.

Our current status is, we can not allow users to edit the DM tasks and we keep on making parameter changes for business users, which is really a big pain. You guidance here would be really very helpful.

Thanks

Satish  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Hello,

Please include this Data Management group in a different data management profile, then assign Maintenance group accordingly for this DM group and have other DM groups as read only for this set of users.

BhartiParyani_0-1653916357134.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NidhiMangtani
Contributor III

Hello,

Please include this Data Management group in a different data management profile, then assign Maintenance group accordingly for this DM group and have other DM groups as read only for this set of users.

BhartiParyani_0-1653916357134.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani

hi Bharti, Thanks for your input and yes this helped, however one issue that I missed to mention above and seems not resolved is - this user can still setup new steps and he/she can chose any step that they want, which is not good and I would say risky as well - do you see any way to restrict this by any chance?

thanks

Satish 

Hello,

Maintenance group should be strictly your technical team and access group would be Business users. Have the list of parameters defined by technical team, Business users can do selections as per their requirement.

Alternatively, no Business users should be able to see the Data Management page. Please have an interface to trigger your Data management sequence with all possible selections on a dashboard and then allow access to this dashboard for Business users.

Thanks

Thanks,
Nidhi Mangtani