Automation to upload files from Sharefolder to OS

Ricardo_Mil
New Contributor II

Hello,

I need to create an automation that uploads flat files with data, that are on a sharefolder, to OneStream.

When uploaded into OneStream, those files should be removed from that sharefolder.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Ricardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndreaF
Contributor III

I think a good starting point is looking at one of the market place solutions, most of which have buttons to upload files. You can copy the code from there. For example in People Planning there is a dashboard extender rule called PLP_SolutionHelper with a function called "ImportXLSXFile". This function is for files that are in Xlsx format. You would need to make sure you pass the Sharefolder address as a parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndreaF
Contributor III

I think a good starting point is looking at one of the market place solutions, most of which have buttons to upload files. You can copy the code from there. For example in People Planning there is a dashboard extender rule called PLP_SolutionHelper with a function called "ImportXLSXFile". This function is for files that are in Xlsx format. You would need to make sure you pass the Sharefolder address as a parameter.

Ricardo_Mil
New Contributor II

Hi Afone,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will definitely take a look to mktplace solutions that have the import data option.

Ricardo

Please sign in! Ricardo_Mil