Drill Back - Issue with drill to file share, only a message "Querying Source System" appears

Sergey
Contributor III

Hi !

I am trying to use a Drill Back option in my Data Connector.

So far, I get the data from my connector in the staging area, which is great. Now I am trying to open an invoice document, which is stored noth in FileShare, or in Application Database for test purposes.

However, even though I get the drill back types name, when trying to open the PDF file I only get the message "querying source system" and then nothing happen!

Do you know of any reason why ? I thought it was a simple business rule ...

Sergey_0-1654274805656.png

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

js11
New Contributor II

Hi Sergey,

If you take a look at the snippet editor (comes with golfstream but also avialable from the marketplace), you can find the Revenue Management example listed under Snippets > SQL Connector > General > Standard SQL Connector. It shows a good example of how to drill back to a file.

It is important to set the display type and document path like so

• Dim drillBackInfo As New DrillBackResultInfo
  • drillBackInfo.DisplayType = ConnectorDrillBackDisplayTypes.FileShareFile
  • drillBackInfo.DocumentPath = your path
  • Return drillBackInfo

Hope this helps,

Jaimie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

js11
New Contributor II

Hi Sergey,

If you take a look at the snippet editor (comes with golfstream but also avialable from the marketplace), you can find the Revenue Management example listed under Snippets > SQL Connector > General > Standard SQL Connector. It shows a good example of how to drill back to a file.

It is important to set the display type and document path like so

• Dim drillBackInfo As New DrillBackResultInfo
  • drillBackInfo.DisplayType = ConnectorDrillBackDisplayTypes.FileShareFile
  • drillBackInfo.DocumentPath = your path
  • Return drillBackInfo

Hope this helps,

Jaimie

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello Jamie,

I used the Snippet in order to solve this. It was weird because I hard coded the file complete path but it didn't worked, while using a parameter to get the application name somehow solved the issue :

Private Function GetDrillBackDocPath_L1(ByVal si As SessionInfo, ByVal globals As BRGlobals, ByVal api As Transformer, ByVal args As ConnectorArgs) As String
Try

'Get the values for the source row that we are drilling back to
Dim sourceValues As Dictionary(Of String, Object) = api.Parser.GetFieldValuesForSourceDataRow(si, args.RowID)

If (Not sourceValues Is Nothing) And (sourceValues.Count > 0) Then

Return "Applications/" & si.AppToken.AppName & "/DataManagement/ElectricityInvoices/" & sourceValues.Item(StageConstants.MasterDimensionNames.Entity).ToString & "_Electricity_Invoice_2021M12.pdf"
Else
Return String.Empty
End If

Catch ex As Exception
Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
End Try
End Function

Regards,