Is there a way to have a Quarterly Worflow Steps in a monthly workflow scenario?

mgreenberg
Contributor II

Is there a way to make a WF Step only show up quarterly?  We want to create a form for the BS Flux but it should be completed at Day 10 vs all of our other forms need to be completed on Day 7 so we were thinking to seperate the 2.  We would only want this step to show up for the quarters.  I know I can make the form only show up on the quarters but I dont want to have the users have to complete the Form, Process, Confirm steps on the off months.   Willing to hear any alternative ideas on how to do this.  We use Task Manager also so we want to know that the Day 7 forms are complete vs the BS Flux.   My other thought is to create a dashboard and attach it to the Task and have them complete it but they are so focused on the workflow that we would have to be constantly reminding them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

One option is to just keep everything in the same Profile and accept that, quarterly, the step will not be completed for 3 extra days. In other periods the form doesn't show up and you can close it all earlier.

Another option is to create a Dashboard and assign it to a Workspace step in a separate profile. Quarterly, the dashboard shows the form; in other periods, it shows a single button saying "Nothing to do this month, click here to complete me", or even just auto-completes on opening (or via DataManagement task). This way, you keep everything in the workflow but you don't force multiple steps on users in the down-months. You will probably need a little bit of coding for this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

One option is to just keep everything in the same Profile and accept that, quarterly, the step will not be completed for 3 extra days. In other periods the form doesn't show up and you can close it all earlier.

Another option is to create a Dashboard and assign it to a Workspace step in a separate profile. Quarterly, the dashboard shows the form; in other periods, it shows a single button saying "Nothing to do this month, click here to complete me", or even just auto-completes on opening (or via DataManagement task). This way, you keep everything in the workflow but you don't force multiple steps on users in the down-months. You will probably need a little bit of coding for this.