Journal Template Frequency

RonnieKarpinsk
New Contributor III

I have a question regarding Journal Templates. We have a template that was setup with the frequency "All Time Periods." Does that mean this journal will post every month?  I think the setting should have been "Monthly." If I change that setting in the Journal Template, how does it impact historical data? Will it unpost prior close periods? Or will it keep the prior periods as is, but will stop the journal from posting in future periods? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Hello Ronnie,

It only affects whether the journal template appears as an available template in future reporting cycles.
You can prove it for yourself on the Golfstream application, if you go to the Tax Accruals journal template and set it to something different, e.g. Quarterly frequency:

NotANerd_But_2-1638354562525.png

Then you refresh your client, go back to Feb 2018 , you stlll see the journals there that were created from this template:

NotANerd_But_1-1638354535632.png

You can also unpost/re-post any historic Journals created from that template, even if they are on a different time period, because the journals were created before the template frequency was changed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ChrisLoran
Valued Contributor

Hello Ronnie,

It only affects whether the journal template appears as an available template in future reporting cycles.
You can prove it for yourself on the Golfstream application, if you go to the Tax Accruals journal template and set it to something different, e.g. Quarterly frequency:

NotANerd_But_2-1638354562525.png

Then you refresh your client, go back to Feb 2018 , you stlll see the journals there that were created from this template:

NotANerd_But_1-1638354535632.png

You can also unpost/re-post any historic Journals created from that template, even if they are on a different time period, because the journals were created before the template frequency was changed.