Scenario Type - multi scenario forms

psc
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are using scenario types 1 and 2 to house multiple scenarios. I'm running into an issue where i can't correctly split out the needed scenario forms separetely. For example, The forecast scenario (scenario type 1) shows the budget forms since budget is also under scenario type 1. Is there a way to filter out the different scenarios? Because it's all under Scenario Type 1 the forms I'm using contain all scenario forms needed.

Thanks!

Paula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi paulacrisp:

I believe there are two options, but others from the community feel free to put in additional ideas!

1) Toggle the Input Forms based on Scenario Type.  This is under Workflow Profiles > (Select your Form) > Profile Properties.  On the left hand pane you can select the applicable scenario types and then in the middle, set the relevant forms from the Input Forms Profile Name.  Since you mentioned both forecast and budget are under the same type, you would need to change one or the other to be of a different scenario type.

2) Fundamentally create separate workflow profiles for these scenario types.  That would be back in the Cube setup steps (Application > Cubes > (Select the relevant cube) > Cube Properties > create a new suffix for the scenario type.  This would give you an entirely new set of profiles to work with, and from here you can assign different forms.  Note, this is more suited if you making major changes to the overall workflow steps; not just the forms.  Again, you would need scenarios to be under different types to make this work as desired.

You are probably after Option 1.  Hope this helps.

-DB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi paulacrisp:

I believe there are two options, but others from the community feel free to put in additional ideas!

1) Toggle the Input Forms based on Scenario Type.  This is under Workflow Profiles > (Select your Form) > Profile Properties.  On the left hand pane you can select the applicable scenario types and then in the middle, set the relevant forms from the Input Forms Profile Name.  Since you mentioned both forecast and budget are under the same type, you would need to change one or the other to be of a different scenario type.

2) Fundamentally create separate workflow profiles for these scenario types.  That would be back in the Cube setup steps (Application > Cubes > (Select the relevant cube) > Cube Properties > create a new suffix for the scenario type.  This would give you an entirely new set of profiles to work with, and from here you can assign different forms.  Note, this is more suited if you making major changes to the overall workflow steps; not just the forms.  Again, you would need scenarios to be under different types to make this work as desired.

You are probably after Option 1.  Hope this helps.

-DB